A few months ago, you may not have given a second thought to the concept of “virtual travel.” After all, if you were someone with the time, money and inclination to travel, you could essentially just… go somewhere if you wanted to. Thanks to the COVID-19 global pandemic, that has all changed. For the time being, most travel—and particularly international travel—will have to wait. Or be done virtually.
But with so many options out there—you can virtually visit parks, museums, New York City and even the International Space Station—it can be hard to figure out which ones are worth your time (and bandwidth). That’s why Upgraded Points—a site focused on helping its readers travel using their points and miles—is looking to hire someone and pay them $1,000 to take virtual tours and review them. Here’s what you need to do to apply.
The ideal candidate
Basically, the job is to choose and “take” 10 virtual tours from their extensive list and write detailed reviews of each them. You must be 18 years or older and a US citizen or permanent resident to apply, and will ideally have the following characteristics:
- An overall love of travel and culture
- A passion for art, exploration, and adventure
- Strong attention to detail—nothing gets past you!
- The ability and availability to take 10 virtual tours within a month
- Active social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter
What the job entails
As we mentioned, you’ll be picking 10 destinations from their virtual travel list, and filling out worksheets on each, addressing:
- Why you chose that particular place to explore virtually
- What you found most striking about the location
- Whether or not you would travel to the place for real, based on the virtual tour
- Your overall experience with the virtual tour
All work must be completed by July 30, 2020. The successful candidate will receive $1,000 for their efforts.
How to apply
To apply, just fill out the pretty straightforward form on the Upgraded Points website before June 30, 2020. The person who gets the job will be notified by July 3, 2020, and will have the rest of that month to complete their tasks. Good luck, and bon (virtual) voyage!